Anybody recommend an ECU chipper?

FREAKBOY

Have you got an emulator/chip burner and a wideband already? You'll need those at the very least.

If you're OBD1 (pre 1996) its like £50 to get the ECU chipped.

If you're OBD2 (post 96) you'll need a chipped OBD1 ecu and maybe an adapter harness. If you've got a vti or vti-s you shudnt need a harness, just trim the A plug.

I've got a P30 ECU with Hondata S200 you can have for £130 shipped if you want, the S200 is useless without a software license and emulator but you can upgrade to Hondata S300 at a discount

Have you got an emulator/chip burner and a wideband already? You'll need those at the very least.

If you're OBD1 (pre 1996) its like £50 to get the ECU chipped.

If you're OBD2 (post 96) you'll need a chipped OBD1 ecu and maybe an adapter harness. If you've got a vti or vti-s you shudnt need a harness, just trim the A plug.

I've got a P30 ECU with Hondata S200 you can have for £130 shipped if you want, the S200 is useless without a software license and emulator but you can upgrade to Hondata S300 at a discount

Thanks for the reply,

It's a 98 car BUT it's stock OBD1! (P1K-E63) Strange eh? I want to get it chipped but need some guidance on where to send it to be done. I'll buy any other hardware if needed, I just need to know what to get and where from.

Cheers

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=853

True dat, Its almost worth £450 just for the ECU and S300!!!!!

Craig Shultz at gotboost.co.uk seems like a good guy from the few emails I've sent back and forth, http://www.gotboost.co.uk/services.html

edit: he also does custom tuning, needs the car for two days and will dyno and street tune it. £250 for N/A and £350 for boosted applcations. If you got hardware like neptune rtp or hondata he'll tune that but if u just got an obd1 ecu he'll do you a chip on crome.

I get my stuff from the states, xeoncron.com but you get stung by import duty sometimes :cry:

Hondata is no good for me as it doesn't support automatics. I emailed them. I've also emailed gotboost with no reply. Xenocron does look like a good option and i'm leaning towards Crome, it just looks versatile.

I wish I knew more about this stuff.

Thanks for the replies and keep them coming!

the thing is though that Come is just software!!

You need hardware like chip burner or emulator and the associated bits to make it work.

I've got a demon board (hardware) and neptune rtp (software) for mine, just need to find spare cash to get it sorted.

Register here http://www.hrtuning.com/forum/ and ask about automatics and neptune RTP. The customer support is really god and the designer himself usually replies the same day :)

Yes a chip burner and associated hardware is on the shopping list, I just need a shop! And ofcourse a shopkeeper that doesn't go into hibernation mode when you say the words 'auto trans' :shock:

I'd rather get it done in the UK but am considering buying a second ecu to play with from the states.

Archived