WILL THESE ALLOYS FIT My MB2? HELPPPPPPPPP

Choudry786

Someone help me pleaseeee, im looking to buy these alloys for my 2001 honda civic 1.4 mb2, these are 17's, will they fit my car?!

They are advertised online (GUMTREE), total 135 incl postage etc, are they road worthy?

The information listed is

Tyre width: 205

Aspect Ratio: 40

Load Index: 84

Speed Rating: W : max 168mph

Rim Width: 7J

Rim Diamiter: 17

Offset : 38

Stud diamiter: 100

These are 4X100PCD

He says they are not new but are straight (dont know what that means)

Also that all tyres have 60%-70% thread on em :S (what does that mean?)

Number2DONE.jpg

KGrHqQOKjE6TMfUNRJBOqUnVN2Qw60_12.jpg

KGrHqEOKooE6eSJZcMkBOqUnOUv60_12.jpg

Tell me if they fit please, also would like your opinions about it, cheers.

Yes they will fit, long as the offset is between 35-45 they will yes

Straight means no buckles or flatspots, 60-70% of tread left means around 5mm or so I would imagine

I would still give the wheels a good check over, 17"s can take a hammering on our fine British roads

Good price btw

Straight means no buckles or flatspots, 60-70% of tread left means around 5mm or so I would imagine

I would still give the wheels a good check over, 17"s can take a hammering on our fine British roads

Good price btw

Cheers! Yu helped me alot, what do you think of the condition though? Is it decent, are they legal to drive on the roads??!

Aside from a little curbing they look ok, Obviously I can't comment on the tyres as I can't see them very well

If he's saying they've got 60-70% of thread they will be legal

You will probably need spigot rings as most aftermarket alloys have a larger centre bore to fit a generic range of cars

I would not advise you to fit them without them, as aside from wheel wobble (as the wheel wont centre central on the hub) you do not want the weight of the car on the wheel studs as they're not designed for that, which in spirited driving could be a recipe for disaster

Spigot rings can be found easily on ebay, and are not alot of money

You might get away with using your standard alloy wheel nuts, sometimes the holes on aftermarket wheels are quite narrow so you wound need tuner nuts, again no biggie as they're easy to find on ebay, and relativly cheap

Hope this helps and hasint put you off :)

Good price btw

What do yu mean give the wheels a good check over? Shall i place the order online then? Before its gone? The wheels are for 95 quid, its just 40 quid postage

Aside from a little curbing they look ok, Obviously I can't comment on the tyres as I can't see them very well

If he's saying they've got 60-70% of thread they will be legal

You will probably need spigot rings as most aftermarket alloys have a larger centre bore to fit a generic range of cars

I would not advise you to fit them without them, as aside from wheel wobble (as the wheel wont centre central on the hub) you do not want the weight of the car on the wheel studs as they're not designed for that, which in spirited driving could be a recipe for disaster

Spigot rings can be found easily on ebay, and are not alot of money

You might get away with using your standard alloy wheel nuts, sometimes the holes on aftermarket wheels are quite narrow so you wound need tuner nuts, again no biggie as they're easy to find on ebay, and relativly cheap

Hope this helps and hasint put you off :)

Yes you've put me right off! THANKS! I dont have any experience with alloy wheels etc as this is my first car, well instead i've bought a 1999 (T) Honda civic, for 450, gonna stick it up for sale for 650. Yu can have them alloy wheels if you like? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/17-Alloy-whee ... 415ec3951f :)

What put me off was that they are advertised for cheap, why is no1 buying them?!

Didnt mean to put you off mate, was just being realistic, Ive looked at the ad, and the wheels do look ok, and providing they have no damage (aside from a little curbing) and the tyres are legal, with no lumps or chunks out of them then they're a good buy

Maybe even worth firing off a quick question to the seller, asking him to give a further check over on the tyres for your peace of mind, He's the seller so it would be in his interest to do that for you

I bought my wheels for 100 quid, with all legal tyres, I had to buy spigot rings and new tuner wheel nuts, so all in set me back about 140 quid

IMG_0624.jpg

I think those wheels would suit your mb, I do like them, If I was looking for a set I would definately consider buying them, I would for the tyres alone

Why have you decided to sell your car btw?

Didnt mean to put you off mate, was just being realistic, Ive looked at the ad, and the wheels do look ok, and providing they have no damage (aside from a little curbing) and the tyres are legal, with no lumps or chunks out of them then they're a good buy

Maybe even worth firing off a quick question to the seller, asking him to give a further check over on the tyres for your peace of mind, He's the seller so it would be in his interest to do that for you

I bought my wheels for 100 quid, with all legal tyres, I had to buy spigot rings and new tuner wheel nuts, so all in set me back about 140 quid

IMG_0624.jpg

I think those wheels would suit your mb, I do like them, If I was looking for a set I would definately consider buying them, I would for the tyres alone

Why have you decided to sell your car btw?

Nice CARRR!! Where u get ur wind deflectors from? and how much? Also the wheels, what inch are they? and i take it the spoilers from the MGZR? And im not selling my car, i bought another civic tonight, So now i have two civics, my 2001 1.4 sport, and my 1999 t reg - bought it for 450, going to sell for 650 :)

Cheers for that, I'm still not 100% happy with it as the bodywork needs attention, and I need a couple of jobs doing on the engine and brakes for Mr Mot in January

I got the wind deflectors from ebay, bought them 2nd hand (but never fitted) for £20, When you look on ebay search for Rover 400/45 ones, it will broaden your search as they will fit the mb aswell

Wheels are 17" Wolfrace Asia Tec Triads, the spoiler is a MGZS highline one

Cheers for that, I'm still not 100% happy with it as the bodywork needs attention, and I need a couple of jobs doing on the engine and brakes for Mr Mot in January

I got the wind deflectors from ebay, bought them 2nd hand (but never fitted) for £20, When you look on ebay search for Rover 400/45 ones, it will broaden your search as they will fit the mb aswell

Wheels are 17" Wolfrace Asia Tec Triads, the spoiler is a MGZS highline one

What spigot rings should i order? Please can you send me a link through this? As i searched on ebay and am confused by al the numbers, im going to order the alloys, as they are a absolute bargain, what you think?

Archived