anyone used this before

vti4mark

Im not sure what to make of that , every map is differant due to each car having differant mods and engine wear and so on , i would not just buy that fit it and go out in the car with out knowing what it was doing you are alway best to get a mapperable ecu such as hondata s300 and get it mapped to suit the car . it will save you engine damage in the long run. Rich.

rich, random question but kind of relevant. The ebay manifold you sold for your brother had an extra O2 bung in there for a wideband sensor.

Did the car run quite lean after you fitted the exhaust and the decat. I know the long term fuel trim should fatten up the whole tune over time but what was it like straight after it was fitted?

Thats the point i was making if you were to put it on and race around at 9200 rpm witch we all would because it would sound great the engine would not last 5 mins thats if the fueling was right . the only sort of chip or ecu you can fit is like all the new car that just give you another 25 bhp or so . other than that a proper map on a dyno is the only way to do it . i have always done that and have still had problems ,last time ending in an engine rebuild . Rich.

rich, random question but kind of relevant. The ebay manifold you sold for your brother had an extra O2 bung in there for a wideband sensor.

Did the car run quite lean after you fitted the exhaust and the decat. I know the long term fuel trim should fatten up the whole tune over time but what was it like straight after it was fitted?

Yes mate it did have a extra o2 sensor hole in it . I never had it checked mate as they were only bolt on's plus the o2 sensor will change any very small changes like that , he has been running it around for 12 months now with no problems , he does not hang about . Rich

ok, I need to wire up my LC1 wideband (I hate electronics) and was worrying abit that she's running lean with the new exhaust.

Apparently the short term fuel trim can adjust fueling up to 30% via the O2 sensor and then the long term fuel trim applies this to the whole tune, so I guess it should be safe if you baby the car in part throttle for a while before hoofing it :mrgreen:

Archived