ABS fault

rimcius

Hello people,

It's been a while since last time I asked someone for advice here. And right now I need to someone put me onto right track :)

Now about my problem.

With no reason ABS light came on. If I start car in the morning - everything is fine. You can hear pump pumping fluid and so on. When car warmed up I turn off engine, start again and ABS light won't go off. I still hear when pump is pumping fluid and when turns off, but ABS light stays still and pedal feels hard. If I restart car again - most of the time ABS light goes off. Fluid levels are okay. I don't need to drive her. It simply happens stationary.

Now about ABS code itself.

I cleared all fault codes and ABS light gives me 1 - 8 code. That means "high pressure system". No recent jobs around brake system. Only about two months ago I have replaced both rear calipers and replaced brake fluid all way around. Then there was no problems with brakes until now.

What could it be? High pressure accumulator in ABS modulator? Had someone else this problem before? Right now I think to bleed whole system again, but someone tells me inside that it will be waste of time and money :)

Any advices are welcome.

have you driven the car, it has to learn by wheel rotation maybe :idea:

I'm not sure what have you meant by saying that ...

To make some points more clear: it does not happen when I'm driving. Only then car was used before. It never happens when car is cold (after night etc.). I can drive miles away and only when I turn off engine and start again - ABS light does not go off. No other abnormalities...

It is 1995. But if that would be a wheel sensor then I would get ABS light when driving, right?

By the way - manual that I downloaded from this site says that code 1-8 means "faulty wheel sensor pulse". And it is wrong. Because it does not cover D15Z3 engines. Manual that I have says that problem is "high pressure system" and probable cause might be:

* Accumulator gas leakage

* Changed relief valve set pressure

* Rear outlet solenoid valve late to close

* Changed pressure switch set pressure

But before I'll jump to part replacement train I would like to know what exactly could cause that issue :roll:

Any ideas :?:

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, after some intense browsing I found one article that may lead to my problem salvation.

Anyone who's interested can find it here:

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/honda-civic-94-honda-civic-abs-problem

I'll try it by myself when I'll be able to and give feedback.

• 1 year later...

Well, it's been a while since last time I was here. Sorry, that I left you guys. Lot of things have changed. Anyway, back to main problem of this topic.

I replaced ABS modulator unit with high pressure accumulator from scrap yard. Don't remember how much I payed for it. Never mind. In the end my problems gone for good.

Right now I'm not driving this car anymore. Scarped it. Too tired of rust coming through. Over than that - I loved it very much. Too bad that these cars have such a problem. Would buy another one if not that god damn rust issues.

Now I'm on Volvo V70. Good family car. Very efficient diesel engine. Runs very nice. NO RUST at all!!! Easy maintenance. No snapping off bolts and so on.