Cooling

mattw

Not sure where I should post this. How do I sort the cooling out on my mb2?

When im on the motorway this running the temp in where it should be but as soon as im on a and b roads it go's close to the red on the temp. Its this just the way the honda engine runs or do i need a new or bigger rad? Also when i put the heater on it will go back down again or when the fan kicks in. Can anyone tell me what this could be? Thanks

well you need to flush your radiator and change the thermostat because it sounds extremely blocked to me mate and if you dont you will risk blowing the head gasket which would be stupid, rad flush is about 1.99 from wilkinsons and shove it in run around with it in for a few days should flush all the crap out, take the thermostat out test in in a boiling pan should open at 72-76 degrees if its working right if not replace with ADL or Honda parts only cheap ones dont cut the mustard mate take my word for it.

my car never goes pased 1/4 mate and neither should yours unless you bo11ocking around like an idiot in which case slow down ;)

sound to me main like the thermostat isnt opening and blocked rad definately to me.