Best offset for MB6

Nairnster

Hi there guys.

I have tried searching and havent found a defnitive answer to this.

What would the best offset (for a 7") wheel fitted to an MB6 be.

If i am right, the fat fives are 6.5 " wheels? So a 7" wheel would sit 0.25" further out if I still used an ET55 wheel.

What would the lowest I could get away with. I originally looked at some with an ET40, but then saw some with ET35. Could I get away with the ET35, without resorting to camber correction etc, or should I stick with ET40?

Just some advice form those who have changed wheels over the years etc.

Thank you please :)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there guys.

I have tried searching and havent found a defnitive answer to this.

What would the best offset (for a 7") wheel fitted to an MB6 be.

If i am right, the fat fives are 6.5 " wheels? So a 7" wheel would sit 0.25" further out if I still used an ET55 wheel.

What would the lowest I could get away with. I originally looked at some with an ET40, but then saw some with ET35. Could I get away with the ET35, without resorting to camber correction etc, or should I stick with ET40?

Just some advice form those who have changed wheels over the years etc.

Thank you please :)

my wheels are ET15 and 8jj, they wont fit without more negitive camber lol so thats proby the most extreme u can go, i would say ET20 is the max u get away with without using anymore camber, ET30/35 is about perfect with them being between 6j to 7j. The wider the wheel the more negitive Et you need becuase they will rub on the inside of the inner arch. hope that helps.

mike.

my wheels are ET15 and 8jj, they wont fit without more negitive camber lol so thats proby the most extreme u can go, i would say ET20 is the max u get away with without using anymore camber, ET30/35 is about perfect with them being between 6j to 7j. The wider the wheel the more negitive Et you need becuase they will rub on the inside of the inner arch. hope that helps.

mike.

Yeah i will do some measuring to sort of double check.

Can you confirm that the Fat Fives are 6.5j?

If they are, an ET35 7J wheel would sit 32.5mm further out towards the edge of the arch if I am right. SO as long as I have about that distance to play with, should be fine.

Yeah i will do some measuring to sort of double check.

Can you confirm that the Fat Fives are 6.5j?

If they are, an ET35 7J wheel would sit 32.5mm further out towards the edge of the arch if I am right. SO as long as I have about that distance to play with, should be fine.

to be honest i dont know about the fat fives but im sure 7j Et35 would just fine ;)

Appreciate the help.

Have to say I hate this aspect of buying alloy wheels. I need something that is direct fit, without any more mods needed,as I cant justify that extra expense.

Really like the Sprint SW98 wheels, which are 7j ET50, but concerned they may not clear the inside (i.e foul the suspension etc).

The next offsets available are all a jumpt to ET40, ET35 etc. Nightmare lol

to be honest i dont know about the fat fives but im sure 7j Et35 would just fine ;)

Appreciate the help.

Have to say I hate this aspect of buying alloy wheels. I need something that is direct fit, without any more mods needed,as I cant justify that extra expense.

Really like the Sprint SW98 wheels, which are 7j ET50, but concerned they may not clear the inside (i.e foul the suspension etc).

The next offsets available are all a jumpt to ET40, ET35 etc. Nightmare lol