Radio reception problems

FlorayG

do you think that makes any difference? an ariel is an ariel, how long it is doesn't matter surely? the ariel on my portable radio broke years ago and is now only 2 inches long but it hasn't affected the reception. if it's down to the length of the ariel then i think i'm going to need one of those 3ft CB ones...

did you find the reception better before you changed the ariel?

PS Simpo did you get another new car yet?

I think length is important. With the oem ariel my reception was marvelous, I was cathing stations from Romania :) Then I broke it and now I have a aftermarket ariel which is 2 times shorter and it's horrible. In the city it's fine but if I get out of town I barely recieve a signal. So the stock one is perfect but can't fit in my garage :lol:

this is a strange one as i have a pioneer aftermarket headunit and i got brilliant reception with the oem aerial , then i thought i want a sleeker lines on the car so i removed the eom aerial and didnt fit another one and the reception is still just as good!?! anyone answer that one? :?