D14 vs D15 Vtec-e

93 Accord

Right got it. Yeah i dont care for the slow part, i have my Accords for play, this MA8 of mine is just for mpg. But it seems the benefit of a D15 is small, not big enough to warrant a a change of car, engine or gearbox. Better off keeping the money and putting it in my tank lol.

From what i can tell it seems the Vtec-e gets 45mpg, thats only 3-4 better than im getting now, not really worth the effort and money.

However dispite that, at 45mpg, and cheaper fuel and running costs than a diesel, youd have to get a diesel with 55mpg plus to beat that. Most of these GDDB (German Default Diesel Boxes) are only getting 45-50mpg not worth it for what is just a nice badge and nice interior.

Right got it. Yeah i dont care for the slow part, i have my Accords for play, this MA8 of mine is just for mpg. But it seems the benefit of a D15 is small, not big enough to warrant a a change of car, engine or gearbox. Better off keeping the money and putting it in my tank lol.

From what i can tell it seems the Vtec-e gets 45mpg, thats only 3-4 better than im getting now, not really worth the effort and money.

However dispite that, at 45mpg, and cheaper fuel and running costs than a diesel, youd have to get a diesel with 55mpg plus to beat that. Most of these GDDB (German Default Diesel Boxes) are only getting 45-50mpg not worth it for what is just a nice badge and nice interior.

i have mb2 1.4 and mb3 1.5 e-vtec , i would say i get 50mpg(1.5mb3) most of the time in her and she dose have that little bit more get up and go in her ( but yer the gearing is naff :lol: if you want to gogo :lol:

i have mb2 1.4 and mb3 1.5 e-vtec , i would say i get 50mpg(1.5mb3) most of the time in her and she dose have that little bit more get up and go in her ( but yer the gearing is naff :lol: if you want to gogo :lol: