Strange ABS problem

mantior

During one of my 4 recent suspension swaps (don't ask, I still have to change it one more time yet) I snapped one of the ABS sensors off.

This is fine, as I hate ABS and usually disable it on all Hondas as it cuts in too soon anyway, meaning my yellow ABS light is illuminated on the dash, this is also fine, I can handle that. On all other Hondas the light being on disables the ABS system, but when hard on the brakes I could feel the ABS pump doing some kind of pathetic work and also still ruining my brake control into fast corners.

So I then removed the ABS fuse from the engine compartment and sure enough the ABS pump relinquished it's control over my means of slowing down, HOWEVER whenever I brake hard now, the big red brake warning light comes on, as if I was low on fluid, or my handbrake is on. But the brakes work fine. As soon as I turn the engine off and back on again it resets until I brake hard.

Anyone got any idea what is going on here?

During one of my 4 recent suspension swaps (don't ask, I still have to change it one more time yet) I snapped one of the ABS sensors off.

This is fine, as I hate ABS and usually disable it on all Hondas as it cuts in too soon anyway, meaning my yellow ABS light is illuminated on the dash, this is also fine, I can handle that. On all other Hondas the light being on disables the ABS system, but when hard on the brakes I could feel the ABS pump doing some kind of pathetic work and also still ruining my brake control into fast corners.

So I then removed the ABS fuse from the engine compartment and sure enough the ABS pump relinquished it's control over my means of slowing down, HOWEVER whenever I brake hard now, the big red brake warning light comes on, as if I was low on fluid, or my handbrake is on. But the brakes work fine. As soon as I turn the engine off and back on again it resets until I brake hard.

Anyone got any idea what is going on here?

Yes and yes to both of those. First thing I checked (after my undercrackers) when I saw the big red light was brake fluid.

ABS rings are all there, not that I want them to be doing anything though. No one else ever bypassed ABS on one of these??

Yes and yes to both of those. First thing I checked (after my undercrackers) when I saw the big red light was brake fluid.

ABS rings are all there, not that I want them to be doing anything though. No one else ever bypassed ABS on one of these??