D15Z3 Engine Knock When Cold

Guest civic_sr

I have been facing this very strange knock on my D15Z3 when the engine is cold at a certain RPM only it. It goes away as soon as the engine has warmed up and sounds 100% healthy once the engine has warmed up. I have done the valve clearances to OEM spec and this has not helped it. The car has covered almost 150K but other than this noise I cant see anything ovbiousley wrong the car does not burn oil and theres no power loss.

This video on youtube shows the same exact noise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ9JLcW6FoI

There are various things mentioned in the coments but any advise would be appreciated.

I have been facing this very strange knock on my D15Z3 when the engine is cold at a certain RPM only it. It goes away as soon as the engine has warmed up and sounds 100% healthy once the engine has warmed up. I have done the valve clearances to OEM spec and this has not helped it. The car has covered almost 150K but other than this noise I cant see anything ovbiousley wrong the car does not burn oil and theres no power loss.

This video on youtube shows the same exact noise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ9JLcW6FoI

There are various things mentioned in the coments but any advise would be appreciated.

I have the same noise on my mb2 1.4 se 123600 on the clock although my car seems to use oil but i cant see that it's smoking :o also i got this on my recent MOT an advisory (Exhaust emits blue smoke during acceleration )

So any help or advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Update the noise has not been around for a while now , maybe it was me being paranoid as it only happened for a few days :?

I have the same noise on my mb2 1.4 se 123600 on the clock although my car seems to use oil but i cant see that it's smoking :o also i got this on my recent MOT an advisory (Exhaust emits blue smoke during acceleration )

So any help or advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Update the noise has not been around for a while now , maybe it was me being paranoid as it only happened for a few days :?

Piston slap is hard to get unless the engine has forged internals , i would go with little end bearings worn and as they warm up the metel expands and the noise stops , if it was big ends the engine would not last long at all and would get worse fast .

Rich.

Piston slap is hard to get unless the engine has forged internals , i would go with little end bearings worn and as they warm up the metel expands and the noise stops , if it was big ends the engine would not last long at all and would get worse fast .

Rich.