paint work ref number

Nabil83

Hi guys and happy Easter !

I have got an s reg MB2 in titan silver with the paint code nh614m , my rear passenger door was badly scratched by the previous owner as she caught it in a fence while getting off her drive, it took me quite a while to find another door with the same paint code, and it came off a w reg mb, now it's parked outside I can see a slight difference in the paint job, the new one seems to be a little darker than the other, now is this normal due to the age difference of the paint job or is the nh614m of an s reg different from the w reg one, cheers peeps

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys and happy Easter !

I have got an s reg MB2 in titan silver with the paint code nh614m , my rear passenger door was badly scratched by the previous owner as she caught it in a fence while getting off her drive, it took me quite a while to find another door with the same paint code, and it came off a w reg mb, now it's parked outside I can see a slight difference in the paint job, the new one seems to be a little darker than the other, now is this normal due to the age difference of the paint job or is the nh614m of an s reg different from the w reg one, cheers peeps

You will never match silver edge to edge mate its a nightmare , to get it 100% you will have to paint the door you have brought the door next to it and the 1/4 panel , this is called blending even then silvers base coat seem to go cloudy and the more paint you put on the darker the silver will get.

Rich.

You will never match silver edge to edge mate its a nightmare , to get it 100% you will have to paint the door you have brought the door next to it and the 1/4 panel , this is called blending even then silvers base coat seem to go cloudy and the more paint you put on the darker the silver will get.

Rich.

thanks Rich, I have already pulled the wheel arch beaten it and resprayed came out quite well even the paint job wasn't as bad as the new door looks, but I'm pleased to hear it's not easy to match, the fact is, it's not noticable unless u know its there, or u wud see it obviously if ur buying and looking for faults :) Bill.

I'll try and upload a pic and tell me what u think

thanks Rich, I have already pulled the wheel arch beaten it and resprayed came out quite well even the paint job wasn't as bad as the new door looks, but I'm pleased to hear it's not easy to match, the fact is, it's not noticable unless u know its there, or u wud see it obviously if ur buying and looking for faults :) Bill.

I'll try and upload a pic and tell me what u think