paint work ref number

Nabil83

Its the 1/4 that looks well off colour to . no polish is going to change the colour its the fact to parts of the car have been painted at differant time . even when you use a colour code the list shades .ie angle light . dark shape and so on if the colour change slightly over its life of production or is a pig to get a colour match i have seen upwards of 10 shades so if someone has picked the wrong one when refinishing a panel or the panels are painted at differant time in the factory they can and more than likely will be differant.

Rich

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the 1/4 that looks well off colour to . no polish is going to change the colour its the fact to parts of the car have been painted at differant time . even when you use a colour code the list shades .ie angle light . dark shape and so on if the colour change slightly over its life of production or is a pig to get a colour match i have seen upwards of 10 shades so if someone has picked the wrong one when refinishing a panel or the panels are painted at differant time in the factory they can and more than likely will be differant.

Rich

yes Rich 1/4 panel was resprayed last year as when I bought the car it had a massive dent and that went from the door(replaced) and cut trough the wheelarch h when previous owner caught it on a fence, might have to just stick with it, though it was a bargain buying it 250 quid seeing it had 42k when i got it but hey...its still a jap and I'm loving it :)

Bill

yes Rich 1/4 panel was resprayed last year as when I bought the car it had a massive dent and that went from the door(replaced) and cut trough the wheelarch h when previous owner caught it on a fence, might have to just stick with it, though it was a bargain buying it 250 quid seeing it had 42k when i got it but hey...its still a jap and I'm loving it :)

Bill

For that money mate its something you put up with . as to sort it will cost you aleast what the car cost so its just not worth it. unless it gets to you that much and you have the spare cash

rich.

For that money mate its something you put up with . as to sort it will cost you aleast what the car cost so its just not worth it. unless it gets to you that much and you have the spare cash

rich.

true though, have taken it to someone before I've done the "repaire" he asked for silly money it's just wasn't worth the effort, will stick to this till it dies then off to get another one haha but prob will go for the 05 06 models, this is my first japenese car and my future cars will always be, thought vw was the best but was wrong by miles, don;t know if ur the admin but finding this site great and with a lot of helpful people like yourself, hats off to u all !

Bill

true though, have taken it to someone before I've done the "repaire" he asked for silly money it's just wasn't worth the effort, will stick to this till it dies then off to get another one haha but prob will go for the 05 06 models, this is my first japenese car and my future cars will always be, thought vw was the best but was wrong by miles, don;t know if ur the admin but finding this site great and with a lot of helpful people like yourself, hats off to u all !

Bill

yes tom, the bird who sold it tom is my next door neighbour (it was her dads who had it from98), she lost her lisence, and put a sticker on it for 650, the mid section exhaust was blowing so bad she thought her engine was gone, so tried my luck for 250 and she shook my hand(even though my wife hated me at the time for haggling lol), it was 42k at the time, £44 from eurocarparts, problem sorted the engine sounded like new ..or sorry didn't sound at all lol but the downside of it was the dent on the door and wheelarch (didnt get the chance to take photos ) so had to buy the right paint and a matching door in all it did cost around 400 450 it total :)

yes tom, the bird who sold it tom is my next door neighbour (it was her dads who had it from98), she lost her lisence, and put a sticker on it for 650, the mid section exhaust was blowing so bad she thought her engine was gone, so tried my luck for 250 and she shook my hand(even though my wife hated me at the time for haggling lol), it was 42k at the time, £44 from eurocarparts, problem sorted the engine sounded like new ..or sorry didn't sound at all lol but the downside of it was the dent on the door and wheelarch (didnt get the chance to take photos ) so had to buy the right paint and a matching door in all it did cost around 400 450 it total :)