Temp gauge low

Booker

Just a quick one. My temp gauge on my mb6 sometimes dips low, nearly to the bottom. It normally just sits below half but on occasions it's dropped significantly. It still drives ok, but when I put the blowers on warm it's fairly cool. I spoke with Honda and they said its probably the temp sensor which is connected with the coolant etc. was just wondering if it's a big or expensive job and if parts are easy to source and if it's a DIY job or a quick job for a mechanic. Any and all help would be appreciated. Cheers!

P.s is the fact the blowers only work on settings 3 and 4 a comman problem?

Thanks again

get the thermostat from eurocarparts, I haven't got any manual I'm afraid, but maybe someone on the forum will post one for you, I'd go on youtube and watch a couple of videos how its done, makes things simpler for u mate, i reckon it's a 20 to 30 mins job !

My aerodeck did exactly these two things , both cheap and easy to fix. Ruan spot on after that. My therostat was pretty much stuck open , sounds like yours is intermittently getting stuck.

I got a garage to do my thermostat though as part of the service. The resistor pack is a piece of urine to do even if you have no mechanical knowledge whatsoever