how much shorter is EK catback?

Cynabal

Ok been offered a new EK/EM stainless catback cheap, I know the hangars are in the wrong place but my buddy works in a garage and said he can tig weld them in the right place, only other problem is are there any other differences? I know it will be shorter but he said we can just add a section to increase the length but I'm worried about the bends? Are they the same? Looking at pictures the bends look the same just the middle section looks shorter.

What you guys think? I'm looking at saving over £150 over a dedicated mb6 system I think that's worth the effort to make an EK system fit if its possible.

• 6 months later...

the mb6 centre will be shorter as the cat for eg ek ej em is 420mm and the mb6 is 485mm but all floor plans are the same(ie exhaust tunnel) i only have the mc1 (d16w4) and im using a ek apexi centre with no real fitment issuse most exhausts are the same its your manifold and cat that are the prob but you can get round this with either an ajustable decat or sorten the centre just before the resinator box