Helical and torsen lsd...

Vtec-mb6

allrite guys..what is the difference between the helical lsd in the s80 teg box and the torsen in the s9b civic box?im after a new diff(M factory) theres a couple available for a hefty price and on 1 item description is helical slip diff (hydrolic) and a metal plate slip diff which is the torsen.the torsen being the more expensive of the 2 but doesn`t specify if its for hydrolic box like the helical 1 does.the s9b is hydrolic aswell but only specified for the helical diff on the website.wat i wana know is will it matter if i use helical or torsen..what are the differences and will they both fit the s9b box? :?

yea i see that spec sheet andrew..but on the wiki site its a torsen diff. and thats sayin helical and if you read up about the s9b it says its a torsen diff aswell s80 box comes with helical and the s9b with torsen..thats jus wat ive heard and read fella.i aint 100 percent?

link from man in the know 8-)

quote:a torsen IS helical, so yes they are the same, plated as you say is different

Im fairly sure that most stock honda LSDs will very similar if not the same from the same series of engine of course. So all MB6, EK9, DC2, Y21 LSD equipped boxes i believe use the same diff.

hope that helps.

I see wat ur sayin mate.i read two diff things..then again went back to seing them as two diff diffs.theres too many opionions from loads of people.what to buy?..like i said previous the plated diff is specified as torsen..and they aint specified a plated helical???unless the plated one covers both but just fails to mention it for helical description aswell.. :?[postpics.gif]