ABS help

rossselsby

My abs light has been on constantly for ages, I started to get to ignore it to be honest but finally thought it needs sorting. Anyways, it started going off just recently and then it would come back on randomly. I tried bridging the pins like on the link here which did the trick, off went the light. I then drrove to work, finished work and came to leave and it was back on again. When I bridged the connector it flashed on and off 6 times, does this mean something in particular?

Hope someone can help, cheers

Ross

Six flashes could mean a few things, can you check again, a long flash is worth ten and a short flash worth one, so one and five would be fault code 15, which is the rear offside wheel sensor....... make sense?

Like you have done you can clear the codes, but if the problem is not fixed the warning will come back.

I had all the same problems you do... in my case a wheel sensor needed replacing, but it could be a number of things.

Any time your yellow ABS light is on, ABS is fully disabled, so as you can imagine it's a safety concern, doubly so with winter coming in, and you'll need it working to pass future MOT's.

You can also find a table of fault codes in the Workshop manual/ultimate guide which can be found here in the forum somewhere.

P.S - If it turns out to be offside rear sensor like me, i may have a spare for sale (no, not my old faulty one! :lol: )

thanks for you advice. ill be sure to check and try to recount the flashes.

ill also bare you in mind if I need a new sensor.

Just out of curiousity, is it expensive to replace all the sensors? Obviously going to honda is costly but any other outlets to get the from?

Cheers

No probs. Yeah, over the last week or so i've been through all this... was too much fun!

Honda want almost £300 per sensor :shock::lol: so that's a no go. But saying that it's not a part that commonly fails, so to replace all would be a tad excessive (fault code will tell you faulty part/wheel), that's even assuming this is the fault you have. Nobody seems to do these third party anymore, so it would need to be the used/scrappy route.

I got two, both from reliable sources, one from a VTI, one from a VTI-S, but they were different :? so if you do need one and it's a code 15 (which is six flashes) then i'd take a pic and see if my spare one matches.

Hope it's not the main ABS unit thingy, cos honda want £800ish for it if i remember correctly. :shock::?:lol:

Six flashes could mean a few things, can you check again, a long flash is worth ten and a short flash worth one, so one and five would be fault code 15, which is the rear offside wheel sensor....... make sense?

Like you have done you can clear the codes, but if the problem is not fixed the warning will come back.

I had all the same problems you do... in my case a wheel sensor needed replacing, but it could be a number of things.

Any time your yellow ABS light is on, ABS is fully disabled, so as you can imagine it's a safety concern, doubly so with winter coming in, and you'll need it working to pass future MOT's.

You can also find a table of fault codes in the Workshop manual/ultimate guide which can be found here in the forum somewhere.

P.S - If it turns out to be offside rear sensor like me, i may have a spare for sale (no, not my old faulty one! :lol: )

I haven't checked again yet but this could make sense. I need my bush replacing on my rear passenger side. Also my car sits good inch or so lower on the passenger side to what it is on the drivers side. think possibly a shock is gone as well as the bush, so hopefully ill get them sorted soon too.

Thanks for advice!

Archived