Perconte's MB3

Perconte

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately MG's are rare in NL, so I'm happy with getting this one.

Is the front ARB of a MB6 thicker then the one on a MB3?

Yes MB6 front arb is thicker.

MB6 - 26mm, MB3 - 18mm. If you add rear arb it's a must to change the front too.

Why is it a must? What will happen if I dont switch to mb6

You will ruin the car balance. It will become a tail happy car. Maybe it won't be that obvious but you'll be safer with 26mm front. I personally changed the front and rear at the same time.

Mate I don't wanna ruin your hapiness but I had similar Tenzo R strut bar and I didn't notice any improvement at all and also a strut bar to be effective it should have no pivot points and to be as flat as possible (look at MB6 oem strut bar). Strut like this one are mainly for looks. Also look at MG ZS, it has perfect handling and no strut bar. Focus on the important things for handling like tires, good springs + shocks/coilovers, mg zs arbs.

I sold mine and was thinking of installing MB6 strut bar but drilling holes in the towers which I am trying to make stronger seems unlogical.

But that just my opinion, I'm sorry for flooding your project thread :oops:

Had one of these on my CRX and did notice it was there. None the less I got it for 10 euro's so its worth the try.

Someone told me that you could notice a strut that mounts on the dampers better then one that mounts on the towers like a vti strut does.

Not saying this guy is Jezus and knows everything, but like I said its only 10 euro's so worth the try....