Koni Sport with Original springs.

ma8_driver

Hello everybody, I ask a help to everyone who can help me in my doubts.

I wonder if in fact Koni Sport shock absorbers and the original springs can have a lowering of 2.5 cm, since the spike damper is 2.5cm shorter.

And if they bring in the regulation outside the damper cartridge that still will be a bit more low?

I can buy these bumper but someone like me who takes my doubts whether this.

Also it was good to know the opinion of someone who has, or is already used this combination.

Another thing, I asked for a quote springs and Koni told me they no longer make models for MA / MB, is it true?

stay well ;)

• 2 months later...

I don't think you ll get 25 mm lowering, not by a long way! Also matching shocks to incorrect springs is a recipe for terrible handling, worse than standard.

Also Koni used to use H&R springs in their Koni street kit, however they were the wrong spring rates, I know this for a fact as I went through a lot of hassle with them and through larkspeed got Koni to admit that the spring rates where incorrect for the 1.8s as they could not support the engine weight. Causing the car to sit very very low on the front.

Basically don't get Koni shocks on standard springs, personally I am running koni streets with custom springshowever will be changing these for eibach pros probably in the near future....

Chris