No oil pressure at warm idle

Shaddow

Hi All,

I have had a oil temperature and pressure sensor fitted to the car for the last year. Everything seems find and the system always behaved itself. However in the last week the oil pressure sensor drops to "0" when the car falls below 1k rpm.

When installing the sensor, I know the sensor "blinks" when no pressure is read (When car is switched on, but not started). This now happens when revs drop to below 1k. (Warm idle on mine is about 780rpm.)

I recently carried out a complete oil and filter change.

Since the gauge started flashing, I have checked for oil leaks and cant see any. My oil level is also as it should be.

Any advice?

Thanks

Is the standard oil pressure light on . how long has there been no oil pressure on idle when warm . as if you really had no or little oil pressure the engine will not last long at all. I would say you more than likely have a faulty gauge sender .

Rich.

Hi Rich,

Thank you for the info, and it probably is just a faulty sender. Normal oil light is not on, just the aftermarket gauge flashing (receiving no signal) when under 1K rpm. Has been like this now for about a week.drives fine and not noticed anything wrong. No oil leaks etc..

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same issue after fitting an oil pressure gauge to mine, on cold start it reads ok but as soon as it's warm it drops on tickover. I Checked by putting a mechanical gauge on and it showed 25-30psi, so i'm not worried. On high revs though it'll go right up beyond 80psi sometimes. It's got to be the sender or wiring and I CBA to fix it so it's been that way for 2 years now. WACK11111

Just for info for everyone, the stock oil light comes on when the oil pressure drops below 2psi! Which would be too late anyway. :roll: