Integra Type R setup

Rudder

• 2 weeks later...

I have bought the full set up mate i have also just rebushed the rears with power flex bushes as they were really rotten, the shocks i bought were £100 fitted with eibach 25mm lowered i bought the lower control arms for £20 with all bolts and the bushes are in great condition.

personally and i know alot of people gonna jump down my throat but still i think that the MGZS suspension is shocking overly stiff makes the front end feel unresponsive and generally pants the only good thing from the aerodeck point was the ARB and drop links but i cant say i was pleased with the Shocks.

on the other hand the integra setup no one can really fault mate that car is superior to any civic and i have a feeling that theirs not too much difference in weight between the MB6 and DC2 so could work well, think i was reading another forum the other night one guy fitted this setup to his MB6 black VTIS and went track daying in it he said it was brilliant?

for me its trail and error i am keeping all i remove and if it doesnt go to plan i will got over to either meister R's or BC racing £100 cheaper.

so my answer is for the price you can get it for bloody try it out mate noodels i know your going to disagree about the MGZS stuff but i think you were lucky.

again this is just my opinion not gospal so its up to you buddy alot of people on here have good luck with the MGZS180 stuff, my brother has it fitted but after 6 months is getting sick of the stiffness and he thinks thier noisier aswell but thats not for me to say.

personally if i had 600 notes i would be going to momentum motor sport and getting some BC coilovers but dont have that dough at the moment its tricky with suspension because its like trying on shoes its what you personally like.

8-) ^^^Jamie ;)

some aspects tbh but the origonal theory was mgzs180 with ebach progresive springs as were better with the shorter damper so you did not have to fit top hats as the brace was in the way. :)

the mgzs 180 are oversprung on the front and have harmonic probsdue to being oversprung.

weetec tried as kyekye09 as well as some others have,and have had mixed feelings on the overall being happy with the above set up eibach have gone up in price from then and is fairly expensive£180 now £230+s/h mgsz180 units. ;)

I understand im not trying to cause a rift i just speaking for myself not others but seems whoever makes this change soon reverts to an alternative as soon as they can afford it like yourself with the Meister R's?

i just think that the Integra stuff would be better suited to the MB6 plus if i picked some up for around 100 with good eibach springs on you cant really go wrong can you, i also agree that the MGZS shocks with Eibach springs on could be pretty awsome but as you also said noodels 235 is mental for some lowering springs all be it they are damn good equipment, i also beleive its the springs at fault here not the shocks themselves they do seem 100% better quality then the original Delphi oil charged ones on the Aerodeck/MB6.

in all honesty i was worried about fitting this integra type r stuff to my aerodeck as i knew it was way too heavy especially on the rear to cope with it but thankfully now i have an MB6 not worried to try it and p.s i dont blame anyone on here for my mistakes i fitted it and i should have kept the old setup but like an idiot i weighed it in.

Anyway back to the threads question for the price mate do it what can you loose just make damn sure you keep the old shocks and LCA's and i highly recommend re bushing the ITR rears as 9/10 the bushes are far beyond reusing powerflex kit is about 40 so factor that in aswell.

i will be fitting mine after the MOT around mid next month so i advise you to watch my build thread for steps and conclusion to ride quality and handling before you buy.

yeah they would definately make it low lol, mine os low enough at the front with the standard dc2 shocks and springs lol. I have noticed the back shocks which are mgzs 180 units, are noticably stiffer than the dc2 units on the front, but since i often use my car for carrying tools/mountain bikes/ B&Q purchases lol, it has worked out really well cause i can be carrying a full car of people or a big load in the boot without the back dragging along the ground lol.