andriod obd2 torque app

spud

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

How did you get it working ive been messing about getting quite red faced I have the torque app the 5-16pin adapter and a bluetooth scantool which I know works cos ive been using it flawlessly on my mates fiesta but am left scratching my head on my 98 deck vti please help :)

• 2 months later...

Same here. Have the 5 to 16 pin lead. Can connect to elm327 but won't connect to ecu. Plug into mates e93 Ben works straight off. 

did one doctor and torque and neither work any ideas. Tried manually selecting protocols and all still no joy.

• 1 month later...

same here, my Samsung Galaxy S3 with Torque connects to the elm327 bluetooth dongle, but never connects to the ecu no matter what protocol/setting I use.

I've tested the elm327 in my friends CLK and it worked straight away. As we don't have the 16pin plug I have to use an Honda 5-pin to OBDII 16pin adapter. Thought the adapter was faulty so I bough another one, but still no luck. Will have to check the cables going from the 5pin to the ecu before I finally give up.

When I was doing the decarbonization on my car the guy doing it wanted to clear the ecu fail codes and couldn't connect via OBDII protocol as well. Only got it connected via OBDI protocol. He had some professional Bosch diagnostic unit connected to laptop via usb.

Though the info here says the P9K-E11 ECU should be "OBD2 (with OBD1 style plugs)". Also all cars since 1996 "should" have OBDII as mandatory.

Anyone got it working on M?

• 2 weeks later...

right i did more research on this, the p9k ecu in the mc2 / mb6 is OBD2B so should work.

want i need to find is the "K-Line" cable at the diagnostics plug. thats what the elm327 uses to talk to ECU...

was told its a Blue / White cable. anyone know if this is in 5pin lead behind glove box or 3 pin plug???