mongoose decat system

vti4mark

just wondering what size manifold people are using with it?

i've got a mongoose fitted to my car but being as it's rainin i don't really want to go outside to find out.

any info on what manifold you have and best place to buy from would be great seen them on ebay for under £100 should i stay clear off these or what?

thanks mark

There was a post on manifold ,

There is some info there for you hope this helps

http://www.civic5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1033

I would go for a 2.5" manifold due to the mongoose being a 2.25" system (I think)

The ebays ones are only 2".

Rich.

but surely if i got 2.5" manifold and the mongoose is 2.25" it's going to be to big?

Were they join (the manifold and cat that is) is a bolted flang so weather its a 2",2.25" or 2.5" they will bolt together.

if you exhaust is 2.25" and you fitted a 2" manifold you may as well take off the mongoose as you have the resistriction of the 2" manifold . bigger to smaller is ok , smaller to bigger is a not good , same size to same size is ok too.

to get power its all about gas flow . the faster you get the gases in and out of the engine the more power it will give you .

Rich .

I've got the cheap ebay 4-1 manifold, high flow cat welded up and a mongoose cat back.

The cheap Ebay manifold has a 2inch collector, I want to switch to a 2.5inch collector to get the most out of the engine. XS power are currently out of stock though.

I found one seller on ebay stateside that does a cheap 4-1 with 2.5 collector but then that involves internation shipping rates....... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-00-HO ... ccessories

Don't forget you'll need the de-CAT pipe or CAT cut and welded, the flanges on the JDM manifolds are clocked differently. Pics are in the link below showing the difference.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=279

edit: just worked it out. Including international shipping the manifold from the states is £95 but then you might get stung by customs, it just depends what they write on the package. I know what i'm getting myself for christmas :mrgreen:

iv got some pictures in my project thread of the civic decat vs the jdm decat, and a mb6 manifold collector size vs the jdm collector size. there is a massive differance, i doubt the civic decat would mate upto the jdm manifold, the collector on the manifold is pretty big.

i originally bought the 2.5" catback and found it wouldnt bolt onto the my decat as it was too small , so ended up gettin a bigger decat but that wouldnt bolt onto the manifold as the decat was 2.5" and the manifold collector was too small, therefore i got the jdm manifold aswell

Archived