car refusing to start, any ideas

spud

It'll turn over but won't start, I've had dizzy cap off and cleaned all the contacts, got it to start, ticks overfine but backfires like flippin anti lag, will run fine apart from initial press of the throttle, once its spluttered past that its ok, will rev all the way round to redline but low revs its struggling big time, then this morning refused to start again.

I'm thinking lambda, rotor arm, plug leads as a start, any help appreciated

Could be many things when was the last time it had a service if it hasn't id change the following

Ignition leads, spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter. Also was the dizzy cap & rotar arm in good condition?

Most likely will be one off the above that's your culprit.

Dizzy cap and rotor arm look new ish but only 2 bolts holding it on, damp maybe? Where's the fuel filter as they hardly ever get changed on petrol cars so its probably on its original??!! Leads are good as it ran fine before it stood for a couple of weeks, might drop the tank off and drain it of all the crap that's probably sitting in the bottom

maybe the dizzy swap one from a mate if poss.they seem to f===k up if stood, i disconect + on battery if stood for periods.

filter is next to servo,got to change my fuel pump/filter when warmer, its runing very weak as FPR dyno read tell me but still revs out well. :roll: have not done damadge to engine i hope :?

canister fuel filter about £10

• 2 weeks later...