civic 1.5

mark11

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

My mates finally got his belt for me to do (hes got a 1.5 sport, W Reg), Does anyone know if the rocker has to come off like it does on B18c engines. Ive heard somewhere on some of the Hondas on the bottom pully is a left hand thread, i know mine was the normal way. Is the 1.5 normal of left hand.

Just thought id ask on here before i do it saturday

Cheers

I tried to drive about 15 miles or so keeping the ECO light on, my god its not easy lol. Can't accelarate too hard or go over 2.5k revs unless in 5th gear. Defo wasnt an exciting drive home that night lol.

Failed - can not get the nut undone. was trying to get it off the normal way. Weve tried with 3 airguns and big bars whacking it and it wont come udone. Need to find out if this is left hand thread or the normal way?

Going to make the tool that goes inside the pully and try then!

any ideas!

Failed - can not get the nut undone. was trying to get it off the normal way. Weve tried with 3 airguns and big bars whacking it and it wont come udone. Need to find out if this is left hand thread or the normal way?

any ideas!

that bolt is known for not wanting to play ball, usally an airgun does win, but i think a couple of are member's are honda tech's i think they use a 3/4" or 1" gun, that's more at home in a hgv garage, the bolt is a normal left to loosen, right to tighten, some people find using a freeze spray on the bolt to shock it...

any ideas!

that bolt is known for not wanting to play ball, usally an airgun does win, but i think a couple of are member's are honda tech's i think they use a 3/4" or 1" gun, that's more at home in a hgv garage, the bolt is a normal left to loosen, right to tighten, some people find using a freeze spray on the bolt to shock it...

Yer they are a pain we had my car right up in the air and 4ft" bar it the tool for the job not any old bar , and still it took some doing to get it to shift

thanks for that, its not only me then lol

my dads making a tool at work to put in the pully so it will lock the engine and not turnover. Then im gonna get a big ba and give it some bluberries.

At least we know its the normal way now (cheers guys) a bit of peace of mind that im trying to undo it the right way.