4x100 EK4 Hub swap?

AlexDOHC

Hey guys, new here and getting an MB6 in the next couple of weeks, want to know if i can swap over EK4 VTi hubs so i can have 4x100 hubs instead of 114, as i would like to put my EJ9s wheels on it! Cheers if anyone can help! Tried searching and couldnt find anything on the subject :(

You could but it is not recommended at all. 4x114 hubs are significantly superior so are the 282 brakes. There are plenty of (usually cooler) wheels available. Sell the wheels you have, an MB6 on smaller brakes would be bad news. You could use an MG ZS rotor kit (4x100 but 282mm) but it's an unnecessary expense; the MB6 hubs themselves are tougher and stiffer- it's the best setup unless you swap for 5x114 from a '98 spec Integra type R.

• 1 month later...
You could but it is not recommended at all. 4x114 hubs are significantly superior so are the 282 brakes. There are plenty of (usually cooler) wheels available. Sell the wheels you have, an MB6 on smaller brakes would be bad news. You could use an MG ZS rotor kit (4x100 but 282mm) but it's an unnecessary expense; the MB6 hubs themselves are tougher and stiffer- it's the best setup unless you swap for 5x114 from a '98 spec Integra type R.

Sorry for the long reply but i completely forgot i made this topic haha, cheers, ive found a set of wheels to fit :)