ignition leads

Guest kev21

well you not going to get bhp with them but i find its just a little better, can not put finger on y .but its all the little things that add up just to make your car that bit better . and they lok goooooood to :D (have a look at mb3(trin2) on project m's think it is at page 2 now not had an update yet :D

Leads can go bad, so you will see some difference if you are replacing old poor leads with new ones. If you are replacing good leads with new you won't notice it. Most leads are pretty much the same and not worth huge price differences of a brand. I have replaced many over the last 18 years of driving owning and modding, and like you it was really only for the aesthetic value. I saw many write-ups in the 90's that said the same.

Nology hot wires are hands down the best i have come across, they have a capacitor built into the lead so it builds up the charge something rotten before sending it to the plug.

If your engine has done alot of miles changing the leads will just make your engine run 'that' much smoother, it basically means you will get a bigger spark, leading to more complete burning in the combustion chamber, they have been known to add 2-3 mpg.

Even changing for replacment stock ones after 100k can help things.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived