MOT man's computer says NO!! :-(

comedywizard

Opps! just had my MOT test this morning and computer says NO! :(

Emissions failed, high CO2 after both fast idle tests.

Fast idle CO: limit 0.30, actual value 0.56 (so almost double!)

2nd fast idle limit 0.30, actual value 0.31 (without him using the revs!)

Would you say its the cat or lambda sensor or both??

Didnt fail on what I expected it to as I have sticky rear caliper :o but he said brakes came up ok on the rollers! :shock:

Nevermind I've got upragded brakes setup coming next week, (discs/pads/calipers etc..) but at least I dont need them too urgently (in terms of MOT) I can do them when weather warms up. :D

The guy is use is very good and always fair, doesnt do repair work just testing so doesnt fail silly things looking for jobs (like some places), just a good honest teser and usually lets me have an advisory instead of a fail if he can. But unfortuantely the emissions beat us this time.

Look like new Cat is on the cards. I suppose though after 14 years and 126k miles its done a hell of a good job! Not many components on a car last that long with no maintenance. So looks like new Cat is on the must -do list!!

I know a few of you will shout de-cat but I would rather stay legal and I dont wont the hassle of changing it over before each MOT, just dont have the time to faf! So I think Sports Cat is the way to go , good compromise for better flow plus being legal and I can fit it and forget which is great! :D

Got a s/s Mongoose high flow sports CAT coming from 10000rpm and just ordered a brand new NGK/NTK Lambda sensor, along with new dizzy cap & rotor arm! :-D Hopefully that should do the trick as the current ones are all original, so now should be in much better health!

Once fitted I'll get some pics up and hopefully man from DelMOnT says yes! :-)

Hopefully! :-) the sports cat arrived today from 10000rpm, looks like a cat on outside but me thinks its a de-cat as you can see through it with just some small side baffles! Anyway once it's fitted with new ignition parts plus new lambda, got to improve things! Re-test next week so lets see the difference :-s

More Shineys! :-)

DSC_0392_zpsab8d2848.jpg

Trouble is though access is hard on axle stands to get old lambda sensor out, so had to remove the lower downpipe to do it off the car. Just means got to get new gaskets now they've been disturbed! Might as well do it properly though, dont want to put it all back with old gaskets to find it fails on blowing exhaust!