v-tec? engine light? speedo not working? please help

spudley1988

Hey guys, this weekend my mate removed my old mb3 d15z6 engine and replaced it with a lower mile D15z6 from the hatchback. Everything was pretty much the same just the odd few bits here and there were needing swapped over eg engine mount. However i Managed to break the speedo sensor and the engine management light is coming on. Would the light come on due to the speedo not working and would that sensor stop V-tec working? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dont know if it helps but when i got the wifes deck it stopped engaging vtec due to a faulty throttle position sensor(engine light came on) and have since found out vtec works of throttle position and oil pressure

i swapped the tps reset the ecu and it has fixed the problem

That could be a huge help ill pass that onto me mate. A few people have said that v-tec will not be working due to the vehicle speed drive being broke but those saying this have had no masses of knowledge so i came to the pros ;).

Managed to get one, D14Z4 mb was correct fitting yet the D16 mb was different lol, crazy. Only cost a 5er though which i was over the moon at as honda were looking at a good bit over 100 quid. Happy days :D