mb6 vti suspension/brake parts on EG hatch (92-95)

matej

Hello everyone...I am planning to buy an EG hatch and make it into a little monster that I would use on trackdays, but also want it to be usable on streets. (probably EG3 to save cash since I will swap a different motor+trans in it anyway) and I wanted to ask what will fit from my crashed mb6. I wanted to put a b18c4 + s9b in it at first, but since I already sold the engine from my crashed blue car I will probably lean towards K20A swap out of JDM DC5 ITR. I want to keep my current MB6 as a daily driver and not in a mood to use the engine of it and sell the rest as I did with my crashed car. The demand for those parts is not as big as in uk since the M civics are not that common here. So the potential loss of not selling the car as whole (if I wouldn't be able to sell lot of the parts) would probably be bigger than the cost of purchasing a (JDM) DC5 engine+box. And I cannot think of any other car for daily driving that would suit my needs better anyways so it's a keeper for me for as long as I can.

The answer now is what will I be able to use from my crashed MB6 to upgrade the EG hatch. The inspiration was of course the stunning TopSetup EG6 from Best Motoring International - HVI American Touge vol 1. That car had the DC2 ITR brakes on it which I believe are almost the same as the MB6 ones. I still have pretty much complete suspension including the arms, almost complete brake system (apart from calipers that I might be able to buy back from a friend who bought them off me to refurb his) and the only thing missing is the rear abs sensor. Apart from that I have the complete suspension, hubs, brakes etc. I think I've also sold some reservoir for the brake fluid, but not a big deal since I would probably change it for something more shiny anyway sooner or later.

Now I just need to know that it will fit on the EG and thus I should keep it. Please don't try to confuse me to sold the bits to you ;o] I live in central europe so the shipping would make the purchase way too expensive for you anyway.

Also if you can think of any other parts off my MB6 that would make a nice upgrade for the EG please let me know as I might still have some bits left. Don't need anything engine/drivetrain related, nor the interior since I am planning to get JDM DC2 interior for the EG anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry dude couldnt read the whole threadas it was quite long. I used to own a fully built track prepped EG6 which sounds like what your trying to achieve.

All i would consider taking from your crashed mb6 is the engine and brakes/ 4*114 hubs.

Ditch the gearbox and stick with an itr box or VTI y21 (shorter gears).

You may want to seach for the anti roll bars from an ITR which will fit (rear will need beaks fitting kit). You can also look into getting hold of an ITR or VTI subframe and steering rack to improve handling further.

Check out the ITR-DC2 forum for parts.

Not sure if that answers your question but hope it helps.

thx civiccruiser,

pretty much the answer I was hoping for. I want to have an eg as a trackdays car, but I want to occasionally drive it on streets as well, so not aiming for a fully built track prepped car.

I probably won't use the vti engine since I already sold the one from my crashed car and don't want to break my current one just to keep the engine from it. So it will be more economical and also much better to get a jdm dc5 itr engine+box. My main point of that answer was the suspension that I still have. I definately want to keep the brakes + hubs, just wanted to know if the other suspension parts would fit too (like the arms, but I guess they wouldn't fit). Thanks for the tip with the subframe and steering rack. I have the steering rack from vti, so will keep that one as well. Not sure if I still have the subframe, but I will look into it. I sold the sway bars, so maybe the subframe was included in the sale. Guess the brakes/hubs are the most important parts to keep as they would be quite pricey to get elsewhere. Also the steering rack could be expensive, so thx for letting me know I can reuse that as well.

Thanks for your input and feel free to give me more tips if you happen to forget someting. There is still lot of time to think about the build, so not in a rush. It is on my to do list, but I probably want to buy the ap1 s2000 first so the eg will be the next on my list. After that ITR and NSX and my dream Honda garage will be complete.

so out of these parts are any other than the brakes and hubs useful for the EG? Or I can sell them without regretting later?

rear suspension parts (already sold the rear sway bar)

07052008588.jpg

front suspension parts

07052008582.jpg

I guess the rear swaybar on the picture is already sold....but those lower arms and pitman arms (not sure about the name) are pretty big to store so I would like to get rid of them if I cannot use them for the EG

Archived