list of "easy to do" things that can regain engine factory power?

E=MC2

We all drive old b18 engines, and it is normaly that engines lose some power or rev happynes over the years of exploitation.

Who has enough time and money can rebuild engine from the zero, but for the rest of us there are lot of things that can be done to refresh engine work and power delivery.

So, i am starting this topic to discuss what can cause power loss (beside engine itself), and what can be easily or not so easily :) done on the car, like valve clearance, manifold cleaning, spark change, ground cables change, solenoids cleaning....... and make engine breathe, rev and work as good as possible. I know that all of this exist on the board, but i think that every opinion and manual should be at one place.

If admins think that topic is stupid, delete it freely :)

Heh ok, that is under must do things :). But heres first questions.  Can intake manifold be dirty and can it slow air pass, and can cleaning do the difference? Can cleaning of TB allso make a difference. What valve clearance can improve? O2 sensor change?

I would think yes on the intake mani, certainly a dirty tb would be restrictive. Not sure about valve clearance but always best to have it right, can cause pre-ignition I think.

I think if the O2 sensor is very bad it will shut off vtec operation and if it's reading wrong it will change the fueling to match so over/underfueling.

As far as I'm aware valve clearances make no real difference as long as they're not way out of wack.

I think just a good servicing routine is what old hondas love most older jap stuff is the same for example my fto needs a oil change every 4000 miles, rule of thumb for me is spark plugs, oil, air filter twice a year regardless of mileage as long as your not doing high mileages.