2 1/2" or 2 1/4" pipe for a custom exhaust???

weetec

once upon a time...............only kidding,,,,you want MIJ performance to build you a cat back exhaust system. then ask MIJ performance to install a de-cat pipe aswell.......but tell them to make the new de-cat pipe to suite the original catalytic convertor, so that in future if you have any MOT issues you can re-install your catalytic convertor to get your MOT, then change it back once youve got your ticket. but if your not in a rush i would get a manifold aswell, around £180 from japspeed, and ask them to fit that too. try to have it all done in 1 go.

to install your manifold at this stage is quite important while your new exhaust is fitted, because if you install a manifold after the new exhaust and de-cat pipe at a later date, the manifold mating surface which meets the de-cat pipe may be either too short,too long,the bolt holes may not line up,different size pipes etc etc ,and even worse a new de-cat having to be made, then your original catalytic convertor wont fit, then no ticket. s**t hits the fan. :o

if you buy a top brand manifold, fitting shouldnt be an issue. the cheaper brands tend to be different from original manufacture quality, which why i recommend you get it now and dont take the risk. i did this in the past and pulled the exhaust to the manifold, it was then hitting the floor pan,leaked on joints due to stress, and all sorts. beleive me ive been there, a real big can of worms. it is cheaper to buy a manifold from a retailer than to have 1 custom made. MIJ performance charge around £450 for manifold alone, then they all lived happily ever after. the end

hmmmm. what does it sound like mate, asin is it loud.? i was going 4 that set up but was advised not to because that 2.5" setup is specifically tuned for type r. thats the difference with tunabi/skunk 2 etc compared to a custom/homebrew setup we have. those exhaust set ups have been designed for that engine to gain maximum power. also I aint really prepared to pay £600 or more for that set up, also couldnt hack noise as i have a family. i was also going for the type r manifold but the flange is the other way too.

Archived