Are 17" alloys with ET45 ok on MC1 (non-VTI) Aerodeck?

jamezzz

My MC1 Aerodeck is pretty low and currently runs 7" x 17" alloys with 205/40/17 tyres with an ET38 offset. I have had no clearance issues at the back even when fully loaded. They catch the front arch now and again but only just. I have been offered some other alloys with great tyres for a steal but they are ET45. Will these be ok and not foul the suspension components or inner arches? Remember, my car is an MC1 so didn't come with the high offset factory wheels like on the MB6 and MC2 VTI models which I assume was because of the different hubs?

• 4 months later...

I will hijack your thread, sorry, but I have almost the same specs. However, my wheels are 17x8, ET 38 for the rear, dunno for the fronts. I currently have some rubbish winter tyres and rears are 235/40 :) Do you think I could get away with getting a 215 tire on it?

Well ideally I don't want any stretch, I am more of a squared race tyres look, but the wheels are really nice and I think, maybe just for some shows with a bit of stretch and camber won't hurt :) I need to source some tires and test fit the damn thing :P