New shocks problem

djmca

Hi all, ive got a wee question im hoping someone can help me with. Ive just bought shortened shocks for the front of my MC1 Aerodeck (I have adjustable springs and the O.E shocks keep bottoming out). They are Pi jobbies and were listed as fitting all Civics 91-01. After asking all companies selling them i was told that they will fit. Hopefully this is right as im goin to fit them tomorrow night! Question being, the mounting bracket on the o.e shock for attatching the brake hoses is not there on the new shock so what is best to do with them and will that pass the MOT? (or as i think you call it, the VOSA). Also, there is a small lip on the back of the shock for positioning into the wishbone to stop it spinning. This is missing as well, any ideas people as im worried they aint gonna be right.

Is that the front or the rear that does not look right to me at all as the m series civic's the spring are mounted on the shocks .unless you model is differant , looking at that shock there is no were for the spring to sit on.

That looks like a rear shock from a civic with a solid rear axle were the spring mounts on the axle to the body and the shock is seperate . Rich.

Sorry, thats my fault. These are the front and there are spring seats for them but the height is adjustable so i havent fitted them onto the shock yet. Its really the lack of mounting bracket for the brake hoses and the fact that there is no groove to fit into the wishbone thats worrying me.

If you look at the bottom of the the shock the is a indentation on the right side as the bolt goes through the fork that fits to the bottom of the shock and then through the indentation it will line up and hold in place the fork. Rich.

Archived