Identify that PART thread

matej

good idea for a thread or not?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. good idea for a thread or not?

• YES
    • NO
    • Whatever ;o]

Seen a nice aftermarket/modded part preferably on an M car and want to know what part it is and where you can get it for your ride? Than this thread is for you.

Please try to follow this rules to make the thread organized

- only one question (part) per post

- no more than 3 pics per post unless you really have to

- when answering please quote the original post with the question and the photo of the car

BTW I have created this thread along with the other one called "Identify that CAR thread" which had a good feedback (thx to that sexy VTi-S). I have posted some question about a front and rear seats in an EG hatch, but later found out they were JDM/EDM DC2 ITR seats and I remember deleting the post cause it wasn't on an M car and I didn't want to fill it with unnecessary posts. Not sure if I accidentally deleted the whole thread or it was removed by the mods since there were no other replies. I still think it is a good idea for a thread as aftermarket parts that fits our M cars are very rare and very hard to find. Since I don't know if others share my opinion I decided to include a poll so others can vote. I voted for YES btw ;o]

I am very happy I can kickoff this thread with an answer already. It is a grill that was also featured on the car in the other "Identify that CAR thread" I really like the debadged oem look of the grill as I am not a big fan of the mesh grills. Props to M-perium user Woleg that had his car with this grill on youtube and was kind enough to provide me with a link to ebay.de where he got it. It's great that Honda community is so sharing. Just makes the experience of owning a Honda even sweeter.

MultiS1.jpg

00600ac0eca9f3fdby0.jpg

7334102090.jpg

it doesn't look that great on the last pic as it is 100% frontal view but if you overbrighten your monitor you can see it is actually the same part on all cars so hopefully in real life it will look wicked. The OEM grill has exactly the same backplates yet you hardly notice them. At least I haven't for the last 5 years of owning a VTi.

You can get it here

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Mattig-Frontgril ... 58852cba79

(search for Mattig Kühlergrill Civic on ebay.de if the link no longer work since it's an repeated auction)

you can also see it on the video of M-perium user Woleg (who told me where to get it) in more of a flesh form. The car on the second pic probably used the original chromed outer border as it seems it ships dechromed already. Looks good both ways imho. I will probably paint the border Pirate Black as that will look best for me.

http://www.youtube.com/user/eg2vw#p/u/0/Wso44rJuhyY

• 2 months later...

FANTASTIC! I've just bought myself one of those grilles, not the cheapest but thats what you get for rarity. This thread is officially worthy as it has led to at least 1 person (me) finding what they needed. I can't wait for it to arrive. CHEERS!

Archived