exhausts

slosei

has that car got a 4-2-1 mani of a 4-1?

iv got the 4-1 and it sounds different, it sounds as if its missing lol but its running perfectly fine

took mani off again today and there is no soot stained on it either side, and used the 3rd gasket with a smear on exhaust paste and its still making the same noise im sure its coming from the front, it sounds as if its leaking from one cyliner but only makes the noise between 2k rpm and 3k rpm :?:?

if its coming from the pipes im guessing wrapping the manifold in heat wrap stuff will quieten it down?

Zak

Yes its a 4-1 manifold . yes it sounds like its missing (a bit like a scobby ) it coursed by the pipes on the manifold being unequal length (the same as a scobby ) its what gives them there own sound. As for the blowing its just the air flow from the engine in the stainless steal pipe its how they sound . the case manifold is much thinker so you just do not here it with the standard manifold.Rich.

i have just these manifolds off ebay 3 times now and never had a problem .its only the cheap turbo manifolds off ebay that split due to the weight of the turbo .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-Civic-B-Ser ... 7C294%3A50

the only thing with these is the flang that joins the cat is 180 degress out for the mb6 . so you eather have to cut the end off the cat and turn it 180 degress and re-weld or make a de-cat pipe with its flang to match the manifold . the first mb6 in my project m post has had his on for 6 months now and had no problems with it .

hi is it the 4-1or the 4-2-1 that give the scobby sound?

also do you have a direct link to it so i can see exactly what one you have please

also the issue with the flange being out , cant you just buy a decat pipe and cut that and reweld it?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived