Exhausts and cats on a mb3 civic

LloydMB

As most of you may know, the cat on the mb3 is in the manifold, I'm just wondering what people are doing exhaust system wise, de cats ect and what the best route would be.

Does the full exhaust system from a mb6 go straight on, or with a little playing around?

Thanks

you will need one of the others to confirm but i believe the D16 manifold fits our D15 engine and that has a separate cat. Best route seems to be to go to one of those custom exhaust places and have it made to your spec as the price is not much different to a branded ready made system...

Oh right, so the the non cat manifold is the same length as the mani with the cat?

Do you have any idea what sort of price that would be and what size back box would be best?

Thanks

When I had my mb3 I bought a aftermarket manifold which obv gives the decat. However I did have a cat from my old ej9. So when I went to the guy who custom makes my exhausts I got him to fabricate my exhaust so I could put my ej9 cat into the centre when required. This is what I'd do again if I had a mb3 saved p**sing about replacing whole manifold again for mot.

When I had my mb3 I bought a aftermarket manifold which obv gives the decat. However I did have a cat from my old ej9. So when I went to the guy who custom makes my exhausts I got him to fabricate my exhaust so I could put my ej9 cat into the centre when required. This is what I'd do again if I had a mb3 saved p**sing about replacing whole manifold again for mot.

That's a great idea, maybe look at an OE Cat :shock: or a sport cat. Then again the exhaust place should be able to point you in the direction?

You can get a cat off an ej9 all over Honda for sale. Would depend if you wanted standard or not. I've got a ej9 one kicking about somewhere poss in my boot lol. Is def recomend the set up tho but obv your car bud.

Well I roughly know what i want for my car, but saying that I'm new to this, so all advice is more than welcome and appreciated :-) thanks.

Is the ej9 cat in the exhaust system though, I would need a new exhaust first if so.

I have got a d16 stainless manifold on my mb3 acting as a decat, as for the rest of the exhaust I sourced an mb6 performance system and used a reducer pipe at the manifold down pipe end.

You'll need to do a little welding but most garages will do it for about 50 quid

Hope this helps

You would need the rest of the system or u cud still fabricate the cat in with whatever system is on. Theirs no stopping you getting the manifold just now. Only need to worry about cat if mot is near lol