Koni Str.t suspension (im sure its been asked before)

PsychoDogBeast

Hi there all

After getting my MB6 tidied up im going to the next phase....the suspension, as everyone on here knows we arn't spoilt for choice for a cheap suspension upgrade for our Civics, i drive a mk2 golf as a second car and the after market parts for that is unreal.

So i'm stuck with suspension woes, as my 75k mile suspensions on its last legs, i dont fancy going down the coilover route, my G60 golf has AP coils on and good as they are they are not suitable for daily driving.

Ive narrowed it down the Koni Str.t suspension as its cheap at £273, ive read on the boards that it does extreme lowering at 50mm which i can deal with, we have a few speedbumps round our way but none really to worry about, im just wondering what the ride is like, bouncy or smooth and how it compares to the standard honda suspension, its to be a cheap fix to last a year or so, nothing fancy. I know the koni's work well with the eibach springs but funds are getting a bit tight:)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

James

I'm curious too.

For the EK Koni street kit I've seen 2 bad reports about the rear shocks being uncomfortably stiff, allegdley koni used the same rear shocks across a spectrum of honda models for the european market. They both upgraded to the Koni sport kit, aparently the front shocks rode the same but the rear shocks were alot better.

If you have dropped tyre size profile don't forget that will lower the car abit more.

we're abit stuck with our cars, by the time you add Eibach or H&R springs to a 4 x shock absorbers we're almost at the cost of the cheaper coilovers :cry:

Every other day I'm checking ebay for low mileage MB6, MG ZS and EK second hand suspension......

If you get definitive info please share it :D

Hiya Tontvti

Well ive plucked up the courage today and drove to larkspeed in leeds and got a set ordered, £272 including vat, seems a bargain if they are any good.

They are coming in on tuesday so il try and get them fitted this next week, il keep ya posted how i get on.

My cars running 16" wheels on 45 profile tyres, il get some photos up of the drop and post a review of the ride etc in the coming days (weeks lol) when they are on, they have got to be better than my current knackered honda suspension :lol:

James

Just a quick update on this folks.

Its thursday today and Larkspeed assured me it would be delivered by tuesday, car was booked in today to get it fitted and its still not arrived, im a lil bit peesed' off, a bit like my garage where the MB was booked in.

Hopefully it should be here by the weekend, will keep you guys posted

James

Tont

Its arrived, came in this afternoom at 4.30 woohoo.

Looks to be real good quality kit too, ive left it at my mums but will get pictures up tomorrow, shocks are a cool orange colour and the springs are a metallic blue, springs look to be progressive too :)

One of my mates is going to help me fit it tomoz morning, fingers crossed its an improvement, i will get pictures up and post a review when its done.

Cheers James

Hi there, hows it going

Managed to get the front suspension fitted today, my mate had a torrid time splitting the front shocks from the v shaped cup that holds the caliper/drive shaft in, took from 10am this morning til 5pm tonight but its done, gonna crack on and get the rears done at some point tomoz.

Its good quality kit but im a little worried about the ride height, as said before on these forums the drop from the koni springs is a hell of a lot more than 35mm, more like 50+mm

Ive attached a couple of pictures below, i think my vtis front splitter is going to be scraped in the next few days :(

I'l post a proper review tomoz when its finished

Cheers James

2h2dpon.jpg

264ot9i.jpg

Archived