seized rear caliper

ep82

Hi everyone.

For no reason at all, my rear caliper seems to be seized!! I can only assume it's seized as it's stinks of burning brakes.

Can anyone tell me where is the best place to order a rear caliper besides honda?

Also, does anyone know what could of caused it and is it a common problems for honda's or is it Just the M civics?

Thanks all

Its a common problem on the m series civics . I have some fully recondictioned ones in the for sale section but there is now a waiting list for them as i have sold the set that are in the for sale section and once a get there old units back ill get them recon'd again . Rich.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1729

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I've just had to buy a pair for mine, I'm sure they are the same for the Aerodeck.

I got mine from my local factors, Mill Auto Supplies. They were recons by Brake Engineering. I haven't got the part numbers to hand as I've left the invoice at work and start a weeks holiday tomorrow but I'll put the numbers up when I get back. They were £78 + vat + surcharge to me but got a very special price as we use the company alot at work.

Have a look on http://www.brakeparts.co.uk, they list them as well as overhaul kits and seem pretty reasonable. If you go to a factors ADL Blue Print list them aswell but they were much more expensive, £150ish +vat I think but they will be new not recon.

Hope this helps :)

failure by salt ingress caused by rubber seal around piston onto caliper body or seal on back of caliper from handbrake linkage failure.sometimes as a temporary repair with hand brake cable disconnected from calibre lift up seal around handbrake linkage and squirt wd40 inside to free of mechanicals,this is not brake fluid part.Sorry at the end of the day it will need a new calibre.Suggestion I think vti has prelude/accord brakes try getting a match from scrapyard.calibre new £200 ballpark from honda.Tony

Archived