possible IACV

mr-gav

Afternoon folks,

My poor wee car has seemed to developed a slight problem and wanted to pick your brains just to confirm the problem!

It all started a couple of weeks ago... When you turn the ignition the car starts, revs drops then cuts out. This can happen a few times before it will properly fire up with a gust of revs. Its cut out on me once when driving up to a junction, thankfully just the once. 

And you can imagine my frustration when I'm trying to deliver Chinese take away, stop starting every 2 minutes! Think this is why the problem has arisen!

I've been told its the Idle Air Control Valve you think this could be right? I've priced one from a motor factors for 300 quid off :cry:  there's a couple on ebay a lot cheaper. Any ideas where the best place is to get them or know a part number for them? Or could it be something else???

Cheers

Gav

Sorry 2000 Civic MB2.

I know you've put this but could you fill out the details on your profile please chap?

Worth checking the vacuum lines mate, could save you some money!

• Like 1