Anyone running CTR/ITR Cams?

Solidtuned

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah. I was looking Skunk2 Stage 1's as well, just about the same gains and doesnt require (but is recomended) a valve train upgrade. I figured the ITR/CTR cams would be easier to get a hold of here since there is a much more abundance of Type R's in the UK than in the US.I dont want to have to replace the valvetrain in order to run huge cams either. I was looking into converting from OBDII to OBDI and running Hondata S200 so i can tune the ignition timing, fuel trims, etc to get the best gains out of the car. DIY tuning is the way to go, as long as you know what your doing and have an AFR gauge.

Cheers.

1"£££$££"!!

Mapping is for people that know what they are doing as unless you have a dyno you will never get the most out of the engine . even then as i found out when my engine got melted on the dyno even the people that have a dyno and have been mapping for years do not always do a good job. Rich.

Mapping really isnt that hard, its just intimidating. As long as you have a good Wideband O2 hook'd up and your not running too rich or lean, small changes to fuel and timing arent going to hurt anything. Trust me, Ive done it before, but had oversight from a freind who is a tuner.

There are all kinds of Freeware tuning software we use from the US. Check out CROME (Honda), Tunerpro, Rom Raider (Subarau). A lot of these softwares also have data logging capabilites so you could start that way by seeing what your engine tends to do under varius loads and boost. Hondata is also a good tuner software for Honda's but you have to pay for.

BTW What was your turbo'd civic tuned with?

• 2 months later...

Archived