Philips CE153 Headunit - SD Woes..

skymera

Hi all,

Bit of a long shot here....

I have a Philips CE153 headunit which has, USB, Bluetooth, 3.5mm jack, radio and an SD card slot.

I play all my music from my 16GB SD and I have roughly 1000+ tracks. The issue I'm having is that the headunit does not sort the music A-Z... it is sorted in a random order that I cannot figure out!

It's worth noting that although the folders are jumbled up, the tracks are played in sequential order..

Forgive my poor music tastes.. but below you can see each album has its own folder with the same naming format.

I've even gone as far to update the last access time to be exactly the same.

rz7rVmP.png

The folders are still sorted in jumbled order.

Has anyone had an issue like this with another head unit at all?

--------

I've done some Googling and read that it could be sorting them in the order the folders/files were written to the filesystem. Which is beyond all logic.

So I'm using a tool right this second which is re-writing each folder/file to the SD card in alphabetical order. 

Yeah my USB memory stick is the same, will play in the order they were written to it, starting from scratch you'd have to copy them over one folder at a time, not sure if just formatting it would be enough if you'd have to go mad and do a zero format, that would be overkill but should work!

Yeah my USB memory stick is the same, will play in the order they were written to it, starting from scratch you'd have to copy them over one folder at a time, not sure if just formatting it would be enough if you'd have to go mad and do a zero format, that would be overkill but should work!

Pretty much it which sucks.

This however did work :)

http://fat-sorter.software.informer.com/

Saves you writing folders one by one