Engine sump? Alternative to main dealer part?

stevemac

Hi everyone,

First post here!  Have just bought a year 2000 Civic Aerodeck 1.6iLS (MC1 model), but the sump is perforated  help.gif1   I have made a temporary repair using Chemical Metal, but this is obviously a stop-gap.

I asked at the Honda dealer how much for a new one, and was staggered at the cost - £223, including a new gasket! (and that's me getting it through a trade account).

Has anyone ever managed to source an aftermarket part?  I have tried eBay, and can't find one suitable (although there are some for other Civic models).  I am trying the US eBay site, and have found 2 possibilities, and have messaged these sellers giving them my VIN  and engine numbers, but received no replies yet (it has a D16W3 engine number).

Can anyone help please? There must surely have been other 15 year old Civics with porous sumps?

Many thanks,

Stephen 

Edited by stevemac

Indeed many sumps have been replaced. Hondas price is good considering the gasket alone is £50!

I got mine from here;

http://www.6two1.com/product/baffedoilpan-spoon/#sthash.uAFimtSn.dpbs

But mine is a B18 engine. That gives you an idea of the rough cost to be expected though.

• Like 1

This states it's for a 1.4 but may be of use as I don't think there'd be much if any difference across the board with D series engines?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-VI-Aerodeck-MB-MC-1-4-16V-MB8-19-2001-02-D14A7-55kW-OIL-PAN-SUMP-/301740437014?hash=item464121ae16

Please don't take my word for it and do check before you purchase if you decide to go with this.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys, your input is much appreciated.

One of the US eBay sites has replied, and it would seem theirs should fit.  I have ordered one, and I'll let you know if it fits.  It's much cheaper than the Honda one.

By the way, I can get an after-market gasket for the sump for about £9, I certainly won't be paying £50 for a Honda one!

Thanks again, guys.

Stephen  :)

Thanks for the replies guys, your input is much appreciated.

One of the US eBay sites has replied, and it would seem theirs should fit.  I have ordered one, and I'll let you know if it fits.  It's much cheaper than the Honda one.

By the way, I can get an after-market gasket for the sump for about £9, I certainly won't be paying £50 for a Honda one!

Thanks again, guys.

Stephen  :)

Sounds good so far chap! Let us know how you get on as this could be useful info to folk in the future. :)

• Like 1