Rear suspension bolt

Spanky

Hi. Does anyone know the size of the bolt that holds the rear shocks to the trailing arm. 

Mine is stuck in on both sides so will have to angle grind the head off and drift it out. 

I want to get the replacement bolts before I start so I can do it all at once.

Cheers

Have you tried an impact wrench on it? Have you tried heating it up then hitting it with freezer spray? Grinding the head off is a bit drastic as then you don't have anything to grip the remaining threads. Usually with stuck bolts, people are welding a nut on (where the head has rounded), not taking the head off!

Can you buy new bolts from Honda? I would imagine with suspension bolts, it is not simply the size that is important but the grade also i.e. how much stress they can take. No point fitting the right size and thread bolt if it is going to shear under load.

I didn't realise it has a captive nut. So has to come out. Honda are saying the part is now obsolete and there is only one available from Belgium 

I don't quite follow what you are saying there about a captive nut and has to come out?

Honda support not much good then. I bought a similar bolt for an ancient Rover Montego without any problem from Rover when they were still going.

I meant that the nut is part of the trailing arm so like you say the bolt can't be butchered. It has to be removed. I've got a guy breaking an mgzs seeing if he has and bolts that are any good. 

Just need to get the old ones out.