Starter motor death

vtiaerodeck

Hello all,

My first post to introduce my MC2s road to recovery; starter is dying and after a battery, alternator and lead check, the starter finding hard to spin over. I dont know if a) get a new one B) search ebay c) try a brakers d) go for a repair. Im in gloucester and have tried trigworth breakers who havent got one. They offer a repair which means taking it off!@! and getting them to diagnose. What the gurus say???

Any suggestions and comments appreciated.

Thanks

Jayh

have you checked the voltage mate with the engine running, what sort of voltage are you getting. My first ever civic i did an engine conversion on wouldnt even turn the starter, i checked the battery, was fine, turned out to be the transmission earth lead. check them there should be one on the rocker cover and on the gearbox to drivers side frame rail. If it is a starter i have a b series one in the shed i could sell you :). stuart

cheers, well went to 2 peeps both check volt at 12-13. Alternator working too. Must be leads as they all corroded. I took them off, but had to use wd40, now put them back in and car not even ticking over. Where do i get new earth leads for the three places u said? Dealer?

You must have a earth off somewere or the cable has smapped inside the out casing . can you add pictures of all the earth points you have , that way i can tell you if you have one missing . Rich.

• 4 weeks later...

the starter might be really dirty in side,if its turning slower than normal,strip it and use wd40 to clean it. might last you a while.if it works then you know its the starter 1"£££$££"! 1"£££$££"!! 1"£££$££"

• 5 months later...

My starter gave up last week! Got one of ebay for 20bucks. Fitted it last night my mate that works at honda told me a would have to do it from under engine. All i did was take off ind kit and got to it no problem 2 bolts 2 wires nice and easy to take off and put back on

Archived