engine oil change

markb

my engine is a1.4 D14Z4 ,70k which up to now has been serviced at the local honda main dealer according to service intervals, i rang them to enquire what oil was used (mineral or semi synth) they told me they could not divulge that info over the phone , is the 5/40 synthetic ok for this engine and can anyone tell me the capacity including filter cheers 1"£££$££"

i have always used 10-40w castrol magntec in my 1.4 mb2 and in my mb3 1.5. but i would say 5-40w or 10-40w will be fine and 4.5litres will do you fine adam can tell you what they use at honda . i would not go lower than 5-40w 1"£££$££"!!

They wouldnt divulge that info over the phone????? They have to tell you by law... :?:?

Anyway, 10w40 Castrol Magnatec is what Honda recommend, but 5w40 will do if you cant get hold of 10w40. We use fully synth!! 8-)

I always use 10w40 in mine, i think Tesco's and Asda will do 4 litres for around £20!! 8-)8-)

my engine is a1.4 D14Z4 ,70k which up to now has been serviced at the local honda main dealer according to service intervals, i rang them to enquire what oil was used (mineral or semi synth) they told me they could not divulge that info over the phone , is the 5/40 synthetic ok for this engine and can anyone tell me the capacity including filter cheers 1"£££$££"

they prob thought you were asking what make of oil. they do however have to tell you what there sticking in your car but from his responce tells me youve mabey got some cheapo oil in your car. 10-40 semi synth will suffice

Archived