OBD what ?

Guest Ross Aerodeck

Question

Guest Ross Aerodeck

Got a 98 Aerodeck. it was a D15VT eco but I've put in a D16 and an S20  gearbox but looking for more HP now. thinking of turbo but it's looking like it's going to be expensive I don't know what wiring loom I have and where to get a re-mapable ECU. Can I use an OBD1 and a loom conversion plug. I don't want to get a chipped ECU unless it can be altered while on the rolling road. Any ideas ?

1 answer to this question

10 hours ago, Guest Ross Aerodeck said:

Got a 98 Aerodeck. it was a D15VT eco but I've put in a D16 and an S20  gearbox but looking for more HP now. thinking of turbo but it's looking like it's going to be expensive I don't know what wiring loom I have and where to get a re-mapable ECU. Can I use an OBD1 and a loom conversion plug. I don't want to get a chipped ECU unless it can be altered while on the rolling road. Any ideas ?

They're mostly obd1 with OBD2 ECUs with the plugs slightly cut. You can fit an OBD1 by trimming A plug though

Turbo route can be done for £4-500~ but you're going to need a remap etc anyway so better start off with remap and then go turbo later :)

What you really need to check is the kickpanel to see what the extension (diagnostic) plug is aswell. If its there its got an obd else its Hondascan stuff.. 

H-tune sell pre-socketed ecus, if its VTEC you can use a p28 else you need a P08. 

Hope that helps.