AC Pully Bracket

awahwah

Hi Guys,

Just wondering how many of you have had the AC Pully bracket bolt snap while driving on a B18C4..

Was doing 70 down the motorway heard a very strange noise for a couple of seconds, then a banging type of sound and then a knocking sound that would not stop.

I pulled over as soon as I could and found the pully's bolt had snapped and the pully itself jammed between the AC belt and alt/steering belts. The car goes in tomorrow to have the stud removed and a new pully. I've asked that they check all belts and pullys to make sure there ok. Needles to say that the AC don't work right now :)

Any of you guys heard of this happening before?

Cheers,

Tom

i am not sure but i think dave (the big boss) had somthing snap while driving . its something that does not happen a lot , well as far as i know :lol:

Thanks for the replies.

I thought it was odd, had a better look at the belt tonight. I'm no mechanic, but know a little about cars and the belt looked ok to me. The timing belt was changed a little under 5k ago, so I'm guessing that maybe something wasn't put together right then. No easy way to get to the stud either, otherise I'd remove it myself. I'm guessing that as the chassis is in the way and theres not enough of the stud to tac another nut to it the engine will need to be dropped to get at it.

Having only owned this car for a little while, I'm starting to wonder what else is wrong with it. By the way, it's a MC2 VTi.

Having read through the forums a little, you guys rock and seem to know the cars very well. 1"£££$££"

Catch u laters guys,

Tom

Archived