Engine noise!

Guest Salle25

Guest Salle25

Now i have another problem. I can hear some ticking from inside the engine,cannot locate is it bottom or top side but it's getting worse every day!! Visited 2 Honda services (adjusted valves but didn't help) and they have no clue what that could be but they all say that is not usual sound of broken engine,they think it's clutch. 7 days ago i heard it only between 2500 - 3500 rpm on just a bit of throtle only when accelerating,but now it's louder,between 3000 - 5000 rpm and making noise even on full throtle. Any ideas guys? Is it beter to fix or swap engine? What engine u recommend?

d16y1 - got it from another of your posts, how many miles on the engine? I know the d16y7's dont have the best bottom ends, not quite sure if yours is the same, but if its getting louder then that cant be good. drive her easy.

Guest Salle25

140k miles...i should drive her hard so i can sooner know what it is. But i dont get this: idleing perfectly,quiet just as new,same as slowing down with no throttle,but accelerating makes me sick when i hear that RRRRRRRRRRR from inside! :x

They say it might be clutch, best way to test that is just to put your foot on the clutch pedal when its doing it, if the noise goes its probably clutch/gearbox related.. If the noise is still there and you are stopped its possibly engine... :?:?

Archived