What would be involed from going from a D14A2 to a B18C?

Sega

I want to do a transplant when my premiums drop but I was just wondering whats involved in doing it in an M as the MB6 already runs a B18 and its not really that different chassis wise to my MA8.

engine mounts

gearbox, shafts, all running gear, the lot from vti

b18 dials

ecu and loom

vti brakes

all the handling and stability bits from the vti

exhaust from the vti

Just buy a VTI, it will be so much cheaper and easier when you think of having to insure a modified MA and all the hassle that will cause....its really not worth it bud. The price of the engine and box, ecu, as mentioned above there is a lot to buy and fit...total waste of time in my humble opinion. ;)

I wasnt planning on going C4, It will after Im 21.

Not going for VTI brakes either, I will get better ones for 4x100 fit as I dont want peaople to suspect a thing.

It may be a B18 or it may be a different engine unless I buy an Integra or similar first which will make the engine swap redundant.

the brakes are serious. you cant just get new discs and pads and leave drums on the back and hope for the best. get a real vti or the teg. put the money you save towards insurance. if its a sleeper your after than it would be much cheaper making the vti look like a normal m civic. stick the 1.4i badge on the back, remove the body parts and spoiler. hide the brakes with older style alloys but nice and clean with good tyres, and slam it 60mm LOL! :lol:

I do know I need to change the brakes what I mean is I want powerful 4x100pcd fit brakes not 114.3.

Its a waste of a VTI turning it into a MB2 besides I like the MA front end better.

If I buy an Integra then I wont bother but a clean JDM Integra is big money.

hey man i just done one of them swaps and you have to change absolutey everything from the vti or itll be a nightmare i changed to b18c4 from d14z4 and you need keys ,ignition barrel, transponder , ecu , loom ,and the wee immobiliser box under steering wheel transponder plugs into had me stumped car would start some days then it wouldnt so went back to scrap yard an got the box away she goes evrytime now :P best of luck if ya go for it m8 hope this is usefull to ya

Archived