Droan at motorway speeds

Guest Rich_p

I've done a few motorway journeys lately and there has been an intermittant droan when goingt at 70+.

It doesn't happen too often or last for long, I'm sure it's coming from the front right.

I don't think it's a wheel bearing as it doesn't whine, could it be a dry CV on the driveshaft? There doesn't appear to be any thing leaking so I'm a bit lost as to what it is.

Any ideas?

If you are definate its not the wheel bearing it could be the drive shaft, as they go on the inner joint.

Mine had a noise before mine went, but it was more of a rough noise rather than a drown.

Also when you accelerate hard and you get a bit of a judder/vibration, this can be a sign of driveshaft wear.

Failing that it could just be a window not shut properly at the rear or the sunroof :lol:

It's all closed up so no issues there (shutting the window did cure a squeal the other week!)

I haven't had a change to jack the car up and check for play in the bearings yet so it still might be that. They normally make more of a grinding sound when they go though don’t they?

Plus I would assume it would be all of the time?

Oh and no odd vibrations etc to report.

Archived